The SDK can be activated and deactivated remotely. By default, the SDK is active all the time.
If an app only uses location in the foreground, eg for blue dot navigation, then you can ignore activation schedules, and leave the SDK active all the time.
Typical use cases for scheduled activation would be for a one-off event, or for a venue that only hosts events on certain days, so that background data collection can be switched on and off at certain times.
To enable and configure scheduled activation in the UI, follow these instructions to set up your schedule.
- In the Sail console navigate to 'App Configuration' page
- Toggle 'SDK activations schedules' to on.
- Click on 'Configure SDK activation schedule'. You will then be able to view any past, active or future schedules.
- To add a new schedule choose the From and To times, and then click 'Add new schedule'
- Repeat step 3 until you have schedules configured for your entire event.
- Click 'Save'. If any of the schedules are not valid then it is not possible to save the changes.
- You cannot set up a schedule in the past.
- Any schedules that are in the past cannot be deleted so there is a permanent record of when data has been collected.
- Any schedules that are currently active can either be deleted or have the 'to' time amended but it is not possible to change from 'from' time.
- Schedules that are set in the future can have either of their times amended or be deleted.