The Sail Demo App contains a measurement feature allowing you test the positioning accuracy that your beacon installation is delivering.
These tests are not required to set up or calibrate the sytem. A unique feature of Sail technology is that it doesn't require any fingerprinting or calibration.
The test feature allows you to perform real-world measurement of positioning accuracy so that you can check whether your beacon installation is adequate.
- Tap the top right menu button on the map.
- Click the pencil edit icon to define a route.
- Tap points on the screen for each segment of the route. You'll need to walk exactly along the lines of the route, so position the points accordingly.
- Once you've finished defining the route, tap the tick icon to complete it.
- Get ready at the starting point you defined.
- As you start walking to the second point along the line you drew, tap the 'Start Walk' button at the bottom of the screen.
- When you reach the end of the first line segment, you can continue walking along the next line, and just tap the 'Continue to next waypoint' button as you pass the waypoint. Or you can tap 'Complete waypoint' and pause, before tapping 'Begin next waypoint' when you set off on the next line segment.
- Walk at a constant speed along each segment, making sure you tap accurately so the system is able to time the start and end of each segment exactly.
- When you reach the final waypoint of the route, tap 'Finish Walk'.
- A text box will display indicating the calculated accuracy score.
- You can go back to the start of the route, and repeat. Or you can click the cross icon to finish the test.
For more information on how to interpret the accuracy measurement, see Indoor Positioning Accuracy.