The demo app provides blue dot navigation, using Sail technology to locate mobile users on the same floorplan that you are using in the admin console.
You can use it to evaluate Sail technology without having to integrate our SDK into your own app.
Android and iOS apps are available in the play and app stores.
Before downloading and configuring the app, you'll need to set up a floorplan, install beacons, and locate them on the floorplan. Then follow these steps:
- Go to the App Configuration page in the web console.
- Click on the "Set up Demo App" button
- Use the link to save the details safely - the authentication details displayed here cannot be retrieved again.
- Use the links to the play and app stores to install the mobile app on your phone.
- Open the app and scan the QR code to configure the app with your unique authentication details.
The demo app is now installed and configured on your phone.
You can send the pdf that is generated when you click the 'save details' button to forward the instructions to any other testers.
In order to see a blue dot on the floorplan in the demo app, Sail must be correctly set up, the app must have the right permissions on your phone, and you need to be located somewhere within the area you are testing.
A checklist on the app will guide you through all the required steps.