The first step in setting up Sail is to upload or import a floorplan.
You can either upload an image (jpeg or png file) and provide measurements to determine the scale. Or you can import existing indoor maps from our mapping partners. On a trial account you can have a maximum of one floorplan.
How to create or import a floorplan
- Go to the Floorplans page in the web console.
- If you have no Floorplans the 'Create or import a new floorplan' menu will open automatically, otherwise click 'Create New Floorplan'.
- You now have the choice to 'Upload floorplan' or to 'Import from Mapwize'
Creating a floorplan from an image
- Click 'Upload floorplan' from the menu.
- Enter a name and browse for your file, or drag and drop it into the highlighted area.
- Click 'Next', this will then trigger the upload process, it will automatically proceed to the next step once this is complete.
Please note that this can take a couple of minutes as we generate tiles from your image to improve the performance of displaying the image.
- The next step is to provide scaling measurements, to do this click 'Add Measurement' and then click on the floorplan to draw a line, clicking again will then end the line and prompt you to enter the length of it. Continue drawing measurements until two green ticks appear in the 'Floorplan Dimensions' diagram like in the example below.
- Holding down shift whilst drawing a line will lock it to the horizontal or vertical or diagonal axis'
- If you make a mistake you hovering over the measurement in the list will show options to edit or delete it.
- If your image is scaled the same in the X and Y dimensions click the padlock in the 'Floorplan Dimensions' diagram will combine all measurements
- Click 'Finish', that's it you've now uploaded your floorplan.
Importing a Mapwize floorplan
- Click 'Import from Mapwize'
- You then will need to enter your Mapwize API key, if you are unsure on where to find this it can be found in API keys with Mapwize Studio and click 'Submit'
- You will now be presented with a list of your layers within Mapwize, select those that you wish to import and finally click 'Import selected layers'