Ensuring tags are on and awake
- If your tags have a small plastic tab sticking out, then remove them. Brand new tags are supplied like this.
- If your tags don't have plastic tabs, you'll need to wake them up. See the documentation for this.
Checking that tags are working
- You can use the tag management screen in the web console. Positioning Configuration -> Wirepas -> Tag Management.
- If tags have power, are awake, and are in range of a working network (gateway plus beacons) they will send data once per minute.
- Use the filter to display tags that have sent data in the last 2 minutes - this is the number of tags currently working and in range of your network.
Attaching clips / tags to lanyards
- Plastic clips are supplied for attaching tags to lanyards
- First the lanyard is inserted into the clip
- Then the tag is inserted into the clip
Ensure as many tags as possible are collected at the end of the event. Collect them in a 'returns' box at registration, or another area that doesn't require reporting.
Hibernating tags at the end
- At the end of your event, you must put all the remaining tags into hibernation. Follow the instructions for this.