At the end of the event, tags need to be put into hibernate mode.
This should be done after after the event has finished, all gateways and beacons have been uninstalled, and all tags have been returned.
- Gather all the tags together, ensuring there’s only one gateway on, the tags are in range, and at least two beacons are in range.
- Double check the gateway is active on the gateway screen.
- In the console, on the tag management screen, click ‘Hibernate Tags’ in the menu.
- Confirm that you want to hibernate the tags.
- Wait a few minutes for the tags to receive the message.
- Filter the tags to active, they should go from nearly all of them, to very few.
- Wait 10 minutes to be sure.
- In the console - click on the ‘Exit Configuration Mode’ in the banner that has appeared, and confirm the choice.
- The tags are now hibernation mode, and you can power down the gateway.
- Remember that Beacons still need to have the batteries taken out at this point, they don’t yet have an off button, but still need to be powered down.