- Locate the first / main gateway at the registration desk
- Connect the gateway to a live ethernet port
- Power up the gateway and check the lights on the back come on
- Add the gateway to your account in the web console
- Check the gateway is showing ‘last seen’ in the console in the last few minutes
- Set up an alert so you'll be notified by email if the gateway stops sending
- Use ‘do not unplug’ labels and/or tape to prevent the gateway being powered down
- Tell registration managers to ensure the gateway is left where it is, and not unplugged
Gateways must be added to your account in the web console, on the gateways screen ( Positioning Configuration -> Wirepas -> Gateways
Gateways are identified using their serial number (S/N) in the format BSxxxxxxxxx. All you need to do is enter this gateway id. You can find it on small label on the bottom of the gateway.
You can optionally add a location description for the gateway. This is just for convenience - to remind you where in a building you have installed the gateway.
Gateways are configured either to use wired ethernet, or cellular connection, but not both. Make sure you know whether the gateways you are using are configured for ethernet or cell.
All gateways must be powered via the DC socket using the power adaptor provided.
Cell gateways must have the antenna correctly fitted to the LTE connector, or they won't work. Other than that, cell gateways just need power.
Ethernet gateways need an ethernet cable plugged into the ETH port. The connection must provide internet access without any login or splash screen. Ports 1883 and 8883 must be open for outbound connections.
The gateway screen in the web console shows you when data was last received from a gateway. If a gateway is online, this will be within the last one or two minutes.
If no data has been received from a gateway for 5 minutes, then it's offline.
It is possible to set up email alerts within the web console, so that you are notified if a gateway goes offline and when it then comes back online. When creating or editing a gateway you can add any email addresses associated to your organisation to receive alerts.