To access REST APIs, you need to generate an API key in the web console.
- Login to the console at https://app.crowdconnected.com/
- If you use more than one app key, check you're logged in using the correct one (An API key is tied to a single app key). If necessary navigate to account management (https://app.crowdconnected.com/account) to change the app key, and login again.
- Navigate to Developer Setup (https://app.crowdconnected.com/developer-setup)
- Click to generate a new API key. Old keys will still be valid until they expire. But only the most recently generated key is available to copy from the console.
- Keys expire after 90 days - the expiry date is visible in the console. For uninterrupted authentication generate a new one and start using it before the old one expires.
- You can copy the API key from here, and use it when making API calls. The key needs to be included in the auth header.